MemberFeed as of Oct 10, 2020 2:16AM

JP on PhantasmGreat Movie

Don Coscarelli delivers to us his greatest creation with the eerie fantastical thriller, Phantasm.

The residents of a small town have begun dying under strange circumstances, leading y…

October 10, 2020 02:29 • Full Review

Wick on The Lives of OthersPerfect Movie

The Stasi employed 100,000 East Germans, who maintained a network of 200,000 informers, in a country of 16 million people. So roughly 1% of the population controlled the other 99%. Ring a…

October 23, 2020 17:17 • Full Review

Wick on Mr. JonesPerfect Movie

Gareth the Great defenestrates two cultural institutions in one fell swoop: communism and the NY Times. Plus, it’s mostly true. Wait what? This superb movie isn’t titled *Gareth the …

September 23, 2020 17:43 • Full Review

Wick on TrotskyGreat Show

The three men who led the Russian Revolution – Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin – come alive in Trotsky, a 2017 Russian miniseries. Caveat emptor, Trotsky is a Putin-era Russian production…

August 20, 2020 21:31 • Full Review

Wick on Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & ShawGood Movie

The stars are the thing in Hobbs & Shaw, an amiably over-the-top ultra-action comedy that’s more charismatic than funny. The Rock, Jason Statham, Idris Elba and Dame Helen Mirren don’t …

March 30, 2020 17:25 • Full Review

NewOnDemand

This Week's Best New OD Movies & Shows

more...

FreshPiks Newest Movie Reviews

Reviewers
    • Summary GREAT

      Don Coscarelli delivers to us his greatest creation with the eerie fantastical thriller, Phantasm.

      The residents of a small town have begun dying under strange circumstances, leading young Mike …

    • Quality

      • Barely OK Acting
      • Great Film
      • Great Direction
      • Great Play
      • Perfect Music
      • Great Visuals
    • Content

      • Horrid
      • Erotic
      • Savage
      • Profane
      • Fantasy
    • Summary PERFECT

      The Stasi employed 100,000 East Germans, who maintained a network of 200,000 informers, in a country of 16 million people. So roughly 1% of the population controlled the other 99%. Ring any bells A…

    • Quality

      • Really Great Acting
      • Perfect Film
      • Really Great Direction
      • Perfect Play
      • Perfect Music
      • Perfect Visuals
    • Content

      • Sordid
      • Erotic
      • Brutal
      • Profane
      • Glib
    • Mr. Jones
    •   2019
    • Trust Weighted
    • Perfect
    •  
    • 66
    • Trust Points

    • Summary PERFECT

      Gareth the Great defenestrates two cultural institutions in one fell swoop: communism and the NY Times. Plus, it’s mostly true. Wait what? This superb movie isn’t titled Gareth the Great? It…

    • Quality

      • Very Good Acting
      • Perfect Film
      • Perfect Direction
      • Perfect Play
      • Perfect Music
      • Perfect Visuals
    • Content

      • Risqué
      • Innocent
      • Fierce
      • Polite
      • Glib
    • Trotsky
    •   2017 TV
    • Trust Weighted
    • Great
    •  
    • 66
    • Trust Points

    • Summary GREAT

      The three men who led the Russian Revolution – Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin – come alive in Trotsky, a 2017 Russian miniseries. Caveat emptor, Trotsky is a Putin-era Russian production that take…

    • Quality

      • Great Acting
      • Great Film
      • Great Direction
      • Great Play
      • Great Music
      • Perfect Visuals
    • Content

      • Sordid
      • Erotic
      • Brutal
      • Profane
      • Glib
    • Summary GOOD

      The stars are the thing in Hobbs & Shaw, an amiably over-the-top ultra-action comedy that’s more charismatic than funny. The Rock, Jason Statham, Idris Elba and Dame Helen Mirren don’t come cheap…

    • Quality

      • Very Good Acting
      • Good Film
      • Good Direction
      • Barely OK Play
      • Good Music
      • Great Visuals
    • Content

      • Risqué
      • Titillating
      • Brutal
      • Salty
      • Supernatural